Golf2U.com.au is a website owned by Leisure Management Services Pty Ltd (ABN: 25069169482).
We are retailers of golf hardware, footwear, clothing, and accessories (Goods). We are bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016.679 (GDPR).
We are committed to ensuring that any Personal Information collected during the course of our operations is treated with respect and managed responsibly at all times.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information which we may collect and hold includes:
- Personal Information – we may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, date of birth and nationality allowing us to identify who the individual is;
- Contact Information – we collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone number, user names, residential, business and postal address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- Financial Information – we do not collect financial information such as any bank or credit card details. Payments are made through a third-party payment gateway
- Statistical Information – we may collect behavioural and statistical information about an individual (i.e. your shopping preferences) in connection with the Goods and Services and/or the Online Platforms;
If you do not provide certain Personal Information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our Goods and Services to you.
Sensitive information is information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
It is our policy to only collect your sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented or we are required or authorised under law to do so.
We may collect your Personal Information in various ways, including:
- directly from you via our stores;
- from third parties, including those described in the “Disclosure of Information Collected” section below;
- from our own records regarding your previous purchases or other records held at our head office, including various departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing and Information services;
- when you visit our Online Platforms (for more information on what information is collected, see “Cookies” and “Information Security” below); and
from information in the public domain.
Any Personal Information provided to us will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act and GDPR. For more information regarding the Privacy Act, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au
Any Personal Information we collect will be used primarily for the purposes for which it was collected. We do not sell or trade Personal Information to third parties. We may use your Personal Information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you with our Goods or Services;
- to charge or bill you for those Goods or Services (including debt collection);
- to report any default by you under payment terms with us;
- to perform statistical analysis of customer shopping habits or other similar activities (for internal marketing purposes only);
- to obtain feedback on how to improve our Goods or Services including products or customer service;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you; and
- for any purpose related to the above.
We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your Personal Information in collection statements at the point of collection.
In some instances, it is necessary to disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties or contractors, such as providers of:
- delivery services;
- information technology services;
- data storage or processing services;
- billing (including but not limited to Zip and Afterpay) and debt-recovery services;
- customer enquiries services;
- mailing and direct marketing services; and
- market research or website usage analysis services (including Google Analytics).
However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure our suppliers and contractors only use the information provided to them for relevant purposes, for example by requiring them to sign contracts containing appropriate privacy or confidentiality obligations.
In limited circumstances, we may also disclose your Personal Information to:
- a third party purchaser of our business or part thereof;
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants, and auditors;
- to government agencies or bodies, if we are required or authorised to do so by law including where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of; and
- organisations who manage the transfer or sale of our assets or business.
We may disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients, including for example, related bodies corporate or our third-party service providers which are located overseas.
Where lawful and practicable, you have the option of remaining anonymous (or using a pseudonym) in your dealings with us. For example, we understand that when customers visit our Online Platforms they may not wish to become a member. We respect that and have provided visitors with the option to not sign up as a member and to drop out at any time if they no longer wish to be a member of Online Platforms.
We may contact you with direct marketing communications and information about our Goods or Services or other products and services offered by us. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used for marketing by us please respond via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us on the contact details below. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, our ability to do this is subject to you informing us of any changes or updates to your details.
In the event that you decide that you no longer want us to hold your Personal Information, you may notify us in writing on the contact details set out below, of your desire for us to delete your Personal Information on record. We will use our best endeavours and comply with all legal requirements within a reasonable timeframe to delete your Personal Information, unless we are required by law to retain such information.
You may opt to not have us collect your Personal Information. This may however prevent us from offering you some or all of our Goods or Services and may result in access to some or all of our Goods or Services being terminated.
If you believe that you have received information from us that you have opted out of receiving (for example by unsubscribing), you should contact us on the contact details set out below.
We use “system cookies” on our Online Platforms. A “system cookie” is a small amount of information stored on the user’s computer by our web site server. The “system cookie” identifies the user’s browser. It does not identify the user personally and no Personal Information is stored within our “system cookies”. “System cookies” can be disabled by the user going to the preferences or options menus in their browser.
If you are signed into your Google account when you use our Online Platforms, then Google may also combine data from your Google account with data about your use of our websites, to help identify you to be shown relevant advertising online, across your devices. This is done using a Google service called Remarketing with Google Analytics, which links Google Analytics cookies (set by us) with Google advertising cookies (set by Google). Google Analytics helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. For more information:
· About Google advertising cookies and Google Analytics cookies: www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
· About how Google uses data when you use sites and apps that use Google technologies: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
· On how to opt out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
· On how to opt out of Google Ads Personalization: www.google.com/settings/ads
Safety and Security of Personal Information
We use industry standard security measures to minimise the risk of misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised third party access, modification or disclosure of Personal Information.
Our Online Platforms conform to the standard of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, with credit card details and other information scrambled (encrypted) to minimise possible misuse by third parties.
A padlock/key is displayed on the lower right-hand corner or in your search address bar that indicates we have a secure site. Double click the padlock to see our certificate of authenticity.
Our website may contain links to other sites, however no Personal Information is exchanged through these links. These links are for information purposes only.
We do not store or keep complete credit card numbers from on-line transactions. The first and last three numbers of your credit card number are kept for order verification purposes only.
Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure every shopping experience with us is a positive one, in the event a credit card is used without the holder’s authorisation, the card holder must notify their credit card provider in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
Our internal network also has levels of security to ensure Personal Information of a sensitive nature is only accessible by authorised staff members.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your Personal Information, you should let us know immediately.
Where we become aware of any breach to our security systems that breaches or is likely to result in a breach of your rights or freedoms with respect to your Personal Information, we will notify you and any supervisory authority as required, at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Information where we were authorised to provide that person with the Personal Information.
Our Online Platforms are accessible to people of all ages. However, we are mindful that some customers who register as members may be under the age of 18. In the interests of their personal safety, we urge children to check with their parents before entering Personal Information on any website and ask parents to discuss these issues with their children.
We will also ensure that appropriate disclosures are made at the time of collection of other information from minors, and will only collect this information as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. Information collected will only be used for the purposes of which it was collected.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Federal Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. More information can be obtained from the Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.